Could Ronna McDaniel Kill Off The News Net Talking Head?

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1484373
1 Like

This is some Tuesday level shit right here.

56 Likes

Here’s looking at you Ronna, askance of course . . .

69 Likes

NBC stands for Now Boosting the Coup - by Mark Jacob (stopthepresses.news)

No major television news operation is doing enough to confront right-wing extremism. At a crisis point for our democracy, they are failing us.

But some are really failing us. One of the most popular TV news networks, Fox, isn’t even journalism – it’s anti-journalism. It’s actively misleading the public.

And last week NBC went in that same direction, hiring former Republican National Committee chair and coup conspirator Ronna McDaniel as a paid commentator. Carrie Budoff Brown, who oversees NBC News’ political coverage, announced that McDaniel would provide “an insider’s perspective on national politics and the future of the Republican Party.” What’s next –hiring members of the Jan. 6 mob for “an insider’s perspective” on bludgeoning cops and defecating in the Capitol?

McDaniel pressured local election officials and organized fake electors in an attempt to steal the 2020 election. Then Welker asked: “Do you owe this country an apology?”

McDaniel deflected, of course. And Welker didn’t ask a follow-up question:

“Does NBC owe this country an apology for hiring you?”

My answer: Yes. Yes, it does. It needs to fire McDaniel and apologize.

Dumping Mehdi Hassan and hiring Rona? I hope it’s not a trend.

92 Likes

Also looking askance at Ms Romney

AfricaPrints-19

38 Likes

Imagine being so terrible and useless at your job that everyone around you starts quitting. Congratulations MAGAtts, now you don’t have to imagine after all.

Unrelated note, WTF NBC with the Ronna hire? What benefit does she bring to the network exactly?

Sheesh.

42 Likes

That is exactly the point. She is not a conservative voice. She is a lying, conspiracy promoting, hateful, vicious person.

78 Likes

I See …

Reuters: Billionaires sought to help fund Trump bond in civil fraud case, sources say…

Those same billionaires are rumored to have told Trump they’re in awe of his golf game and wish they were a scratch golfer like he is.

34 Likes

Rachael Maddow used nearly her entire hour last night shredding Ronna McDaniel and the background that gave rise to her. Rachael was very animated. I suspect that behind the scenes she cored out whoever at msnbc thought it a smart move to hire Ronna.

63 Likes

Yes

36 Likes

I think Ronna is gong to kill off Ronna. If she hasn’t taken the “resigning because I’m becoming a distraction” option within 3 days I’ll be surprised.

34 Likes

The fact that NBC fired 13 unionized journalists to make way for an heiress to a plutocratic family and who also happens to be a lying election-denier is like it’s out of a script by Budd Schulberg or Dalton Trumbo.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/25/nbc-guild-ronna-mcdaniel-hiring-00148863

73 Likes

David:

Always love Morning Memo (and I hope the fam is fully recovered from last season’s boating accident!) and your adjective game is always apropos and on-point. But surely–though “fetid” is great–you could have taken it a step further, and following graph 3’s reference to Santorum with a modifier “fetid and frothy”, for maximum impact? :rofl:

59 Likes

I can imagine Ronna throwing a fit because Josh called her “Ronna X”

"How dare he call me Ronna X. I’m a woman so he should have called me “Ronna XX!”

16 Likes

Put that in your sanctum santorum.

13 Likes

Do those billionaires cheat at golf like trump does so that he could win a trophy at a course he owns?

18 Likes

20240326_Circus_Backfire

61 Likes

Could Ronna McDaniel Kill Off The Partisan Talking Head Model Of News Coverage?

The model is bullshit - and has been for some time - ruined by various disingenuous cheerleaders who refused to ever concede a point ( Santorum - a classic worthless dishonest bag of noise)
Oh a few behaved more like journalists - but only a few (usually ones who got out of politics and were not going back) … the ones who are just “recharging” can’t afford to be candid - because the are still carrying water for their old team.
Ronna is worthless - after spending YEARS looking into the camera and straight-out lying to the American public who would &why trust anything she says?

43 Likes

I griped and complained for years that nothing substantive was being done about death threats.
I see MM had coverage of a DOJ presser about this.
So it’s only right that I take notice when ‘something’ is done about it.

Excerpt:

Joshua Russell, from Ohio, directed numerous expletive-laden tirades against the person chiefly responsible for the smooth running of the 2022 mid-term election in Arizona, the state’s department of justice said.

“Mr. Russell made three phone calls to the office of then-Secretary of State Katie Hobbs threatening to put her in the ground or in a grave,” department chief Gary Restaino told reporters on the day Russell was jailed for two-and-a-half years.

Russell’s sentencing comes just weeks after a Massachusetts man was jailed for three and a half years for threatening to bomb the Arizona secretary of state’s office.

Federal charges have also been filed against five other people who have made threats against officials in the state.

71 Likes

I looked at my phone this morning and saw the news about the Key Bridge and then saw the video of its demise with car headlights also visible. Sickening and tragic.

59 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available