Could Ronna McDaniel Kill Off The News Net Talking Head?

What’s next –hiring members of the Jan. 6 mob for “an insider’s perspective” on bludgeoning cops and defecating in the Capitol?

Exactly. It’s one thing to get a range of voices; it’s another to book liars and gaslighters. News orgs are going to have to work harder, because the days of honest conservative power brokers are passing, David French and some Bulwark folks notwithstanding.

29 Likes

“There are not two sides to every argument when one side is a load of crap”, Bill Maher.

“Facts usually have a bias”, me.

For those of us old enough to remember Walter Cronkite, he seldom had politicians or partisans talking issues. Rather, he would have experts. For example I remember his having experts discussing tax policies and how Reagan’s tax cuts did little for most Americans but would result in creating great wealth disparity.

The bothsideism of the mainstream media is how in 2000 Bush was able to steal an election, blame Clinton for Bush allowing 911 and then lie America into the disastrous war in Iraq while turning Clinton surplus and prosperity into deficit and recession and Republicans not get blamed. It was bothsideism that caused the media to equate Hillary’s emails with Donald Trump causing the 2016 election result.

The fact is by treating both sides as equal fact tellers when in fact their is a factual bias, the media has been for over 40 years bias against facts.

51 Likes

Rona actively participated in trying to help Donnie stay in office. That’s the problem. Besides why hire someone who headed the RNC when she only ran the joint under Donnie? Her whole experience was under one guy.

25 Likes

The law also allows an appellate judge panel to modify the bond amount. Which is what happened, though there was zero explanation or reasoning given by the panel for their decision to reduce the bond amount.

23 Likes

Have people forgotten the “unoffical” debate between Trump and Clinton in 2016, where Matt Lauer (later fired for a history of sexual harassment) was nakedly partisan in his handling of the “debate”? The word at the time was the Lauer was acting under orders, then was hung out to dry after the public backlash (Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy).

14 Likes

“spluttering” ??

here I thought it was a misspelling, but it’s a word.

I thought you meant to type “fumfering

2 Likes

David is also right. She pushed the stolen election crap and tried to interfere with the slate of Michigan electors. She should receive more than a slap on the hand for that, shouldn’t she?

40 Likes

That’s shortsighted. We all want to know what @mohawknerddubuque thinks about the Israel-Hamas UN resolution.

12 Likes

The appellate court gave no reason for the decision. I guess they’re not required to? It doesn’t exactly instill public confidence in the court system to make a decision with this much impact, and no explanation.

17 Likes

Apple fan boys are right up there with MAGA cultists in blind fanatical fervor. There is nothing Apple can do that is wrong and buy absolutely every new product that Apple rolls out.

That said, I did learn to program on one of their devices, but that was before Apple was cool…

14 Likes

You should start writing for SNL.

9 Likes

MCNBC didn’t hire her. NBC did.

Oh, and it’s spelled “Rachel”

8 Likes

Imagine the upcoming Thursday—

3 Likes

MSNBC didn’t hire her.

7 Likes

Edit: post no longer relevant.

1 Like

Isn’t it possible that McDaniel was either interviewed by Jack Smith or is in his sights as a co-conspirator or witness to Trump’s efforts to pressure election officials in Michigan? At NBC she has a high-profile opportunity to spin things to her own advantage and interfere with jury selection (there were problems with the 2020 election! So many problems! I am proud of my efforts to fix these problems! I an expert in election problemeering!)

21 Likes

We’ve got songs about how much Saturdays can suck (Saturday Night Is the Loneliest Night of the Week)

And songs about how bad Mondays can be (Monday, Monday, complete with awesome alto flute improv by Bud Shank)

But I can’t really think of any songs about Tuesday.

8 Likes

Laws are not intended to apply to the rich and powerful. The intention of laws is to protect the property and power of the aforementioned rich and powerful, from the hoi polloi.

9 Likes

Yet.

2 Likes

It is a sign of my newfound maturity that I’ll forbear from making a Mitt Romney joke.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available