Kevin McCarthy’s Putrid Gift To Mike Johnson

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1486225
2 Likes

While I agree that Mike Gallagher’s family (or the family of any other politician) does not deserve to deal with threats, It’s a little harder to feel bad for the pols themselves. They did this with 8 years of kowtowing to Trump.

49 Likes

Kitty waiting in the trees for jury selection to start

53 Likes

Down ballot candidates may look back on the 5% surcharge as the good old days. If things get worse, and Lara is the trainwreck she seems destined to be, he’ll be demanding more, regardless of the use of his likeness.
That said, here in deep red OK, I haven’t seen anyone using his likeness or name. Granted, it’s early in the game, but so far, no TFG as an appeal.

51 Likes

“8 years of kowtowing to Trump”
Goes back further. Trump is just the spawn of Green Grinch and Limp Boy.

35 Likes

That’s the beauty of Republican actions, they never see them coming back to bit them on the ass.

22 Likes

James Comer is a blockhead.

43 Likes

For all those out there who has never read any sort of book about the mob, the soldiers send a cut of their “earnings” to their boss. This scheme is straight out of “The Valachi Papers” or “Donnie Brasco”.

54 Likes

“You’re about to find out very soon”
From investigators in Hawaii?

55 Likes
39 Likes

Also, who pronounces “dynasty” as “din-asty”?

Dinsdale Dinmont Dinsworth-Dinstable.

21 Likes

Year-in and year-out, rural Americans elect politicians who would revoke women’s rights, jail librarians, thrust firearms into schools and every other public place, trash science and defund education, and rescind health, safety, and environmental protections. Yet I’m supposed to be sensitive to their problems, many of which are caused by their own poor life choices?

Seems like the ones denouncing sensitivity, political correctness, and babbling on about “snowflakes” are the worst examples of a hypocritical over-sensitiveness.

44 Likes

He’s not wrong; he’s really not. He just seems confused about precisely whose sin is to blame.

Probably because he’s a stupid, sanctimonious little fscker.

61 Likes

It’s not the “sin” of the individual, but the sin of the state for allowing its citizens to be exploited, by allowing companies to deny them a living wage, or starving the state education system.

43 Likes

Concerning aid to Ukraine

Crane: “It’s disappointing. It’s completely detached from what our base wants what our what our voters want.”

However, congressman crane, aid to Ukraine is supported by a majority of American voters, it’s your freaking cult that’s out of step and deeply compromised (and addicted to cruelty).

60 Likes

Maybe the label on this trial needs to be changed from ‘hush-money’ to ‘fraud/election interference.’ It’s a felony case and the label should reflect that more specifically. Calling it the ‘hush-money case’ diminishes the seriousness of it.

45 Likes

Why is Miller always yelling and hyper-articulating every syllable? That’s a fascist thing, isn’t it?

13 Likes

It’s the prosperity gospel, dontcha know?

Meanwhile, someone is in a panic about stock prices. What about the Invisible Hand of the Free Market?!!111!?

24 Likes

That’s the way my Irish (live in Donegal) pronouce dynasty. He talked about a dinasty of families with our surname living in a certain townland.

9 Likes

Cold TPM PLEASE consider limiting links to Elon Musk’s platform (I think it is called “X” now)? If there is similar video on another platform, I would be willing to click on it. I refuse to click on a Musk platform link. Surely there are other options.

27 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available