McCarthy Uses MTG Motion To Vacate To Spill Some Tea On Matt Gaetz

There’s been speculation for some time that Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) filed the Kevin McCarthy motion to vacate — and got seven of his colleagues to join him in ousting the former speaker — as part of a personal vendetta.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1484361
1 Like

It has come to this??? It’s pathetic.

14 Likes

“It was purely Matt coming to me trying, trying me to do something illegal to stop the Ethics Committee from moving forward in an investigation that was started long before I became a speaker,” he continued.

Oh yeah. McCarthy’s speakership was all about being legal. It’s why he flew to Florida to see Trump shortly after January 6. Because, he was all about the law and being legal.

Fuck off. Go away. Don’t care. You left public service. Can’t you just leave the public altogether? Even NBC doesn’t want your ass.

30 Likes

Gaetz has repeatedly publicly denied any reporting around his motive for the motion to vacate, but he showed his ass a bit this fall…

Here is Gaetz showing his entire ass:

15 Likes

TBF, have you ever seen his parents?

15 Likes

I usually don’t mind have a little late-afternoon Schadenfreude snacks, but not sure why TPM thinks this low-energy Mean Girls: The GOP Edition merits coverage.

3 Likes

Keep practicing holding your head that way Matty. You may be doing it a lot in prison.

4 Likes

Politics is slime. It gets over all of those DC folks. Coverage is just a matter of degree. In Matt Gaetz’s case the slime is multi-layered.

I think these details, these bits of behavior, tell us a lot about these people.

7 Likes

Because the House is on a well deserved 16 day break from its rigorous work schedule of not legislating, so there are no new delays, obstruction or investigatory scandals to report.

17 Likes

There’s a certain mild fascination about scorpions stinging each other. Sting harder, scorpions!

12 Likes

The GOP has decided to take a pass on civil war with the libtards and the woke mob, and just go in-house. Simpler. Plus all the stuff about the woke mob is largely p.r., while Republicans sincerely hate each other.

10 Likes

Qevin McQarthy has always been pretty pathetic.

3 Likes

That we’re paying them way to much for them to play acting as legislators?

6 Likes

Surely the most pathetic thing I heard from Kevin McCarthy was that he still hopes to be able to serve in a Trump cabinet.

How did a cheap whore like this end up in the line of succession?

10 Likes

Gerrymandering

2 Likes

Imagine if the worst kids from your middle school formed a legislature. That’s the GOP caucus in the 118th Congress.

Addendum: Also props to whoever wrote the “spill some tea” in the article headline.

10 Likes

My takeaway?

The Republican Party is filled with unethical people engaged in illegal acts intended to return large amounts of money, both political and personal.

7 Likes

Can we give them a private room?
No holds barred.

3 Likes

So typically Christian of them.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available