Rick Scott Does Damage Control On His Abortion Anxiety Spiral

There will be a six-week abortion ban in place when voters head to the polls in Florida in the fall to vote for not just the president and a U.S. senator, but also on whether abortion should be enshrined in the state constitution. That collocation has Republicans nervous and Democrats skeptically optimistic that Florida could be back on the map for the party.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1486194

Rick stick to what you do best ripping of Medicare and then lying about it.

21 Likes

Corrupt, sleazy skull man says what?

17 Likes

What happened to your belief?

13 Likes

FA:

"So if I was writing a bill, I’d think that 15 weeks with the limitations is where the state’s at,” he told The Hill. “I think it’s important we do what there’s consensus (for).”

FO:
Come November. That you were way, way off from ‘where the state’s at’.

9 Likes

Lotta Republicans passing cinder blocks in response to internal polling.

22 Likes

How did Skeletor avoid jail time for his egregious Medicare fraud?

18 Likes

I really wish this Republican implosion was happening in October, there’s a long ways to go and plenty of time for people to forget about all this flailing around. That presumes Republicans figure out a way to talk about abortion, or the media lets it go and concentrates on Trump’s antics or whatever made up Biden conspiracy pops up in October.

The one good thing is the anti-abortion zealots are pushing on Republicans not to back down on supporting extreme bans…they will make enough noise to force some Republicans to stick to the extreme position even if it’s a vote loser. If the Republicans can continue to be painted as the party in favor of killing women and making raped kids have babies then they do much worse in November, and the fact that the people most in favor of creating Gilead are applying the most pressure feels like justice in some way.

22 Likes

Where are all the stories from those women? Seems like a real miss for the Left press, but then, there isn’t any.

There’s been likely 40,000 rapes in states with bans since Roe vs Wade. Can’t remember the source.

4 Likes

Rick Scott’s candidacy should wear his abortion position like a pair of cement galoshes.
Oh, and his support for revoking SSI.

9 Likes

Your "deeply-held, religious" belief. You know… The one upon which you base the legislation condoning (encouraging) discrimination against the pagans and heretics. FFS

8 Likes

He is rich and pale? Just a random guess. Not AI generated.

13 Likes

Rick Scott reeks of plutocratic privilege and indifference.

14 Likes

Scott switched gears, saying he would sign the six-week ban if he were still governor.

And the interviewer fails to ask the simple, clarifying question: “Well, 6 weeks is the current law in Florida, are you saying that if you were governor now, and a 15 week bill came to you you would sign that???”

But then, that was not the point of this exchange…the point was to get back on the 6 week bandwagon until he needs to cheer on 15 weeks again. Sheesh

7 Likes

Let’s hope it leads to internal bleeding.

3 Likes

7 1/2 weeks? We’re looking for consensus here. Will 7 1/2 weeks work for you?

1 Like

Oh my! For some reason anti-abortionists aren’t happy with a 15-week limit. Maybe it’s because 95% of current procedures occur by the fifteenth week. That limit would only restrict 5% or less since most of these will be to save the life of the mother.

13 Likes

“Skeptically optimistic?”

That’s … not a thing, Nicole. What does that even mean?

1 Like

After giving into Trump so often not sure cinder blocks will hurt much. :rofl:

5 Likes

He and Elon reek of the same Musk.

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available