Trump Re-ups ‘Stop The Steal’ Misinfo Slogan To Delegitimize 2024

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1484523
2 Likes

The hell with the polls, voting counts!
Democrat Marilyn Lands wins Alabama special election after IVF, abortion rights campaigning (nbcnews.com)

Democratic candidate Marilyn Lands on Tuesday won a special election for a state House seat in Alabama after she made in vitro fertilization and abortion rights central to her campaign.

Lands, a licensed professional counselor, defeated Madison City Council member Teddy Powell, a Republican who once worked as a Defense Department budget analyst. A Republican had held the Huntsville-area seat in the state’s 10th District.

Lands had 63% of the vote to Powell’s 37% with all precincts reporting.

110 Likes

Oh, Ronna, I didn’t even have enough time to buy a head of lettuce.

99 Likes

So easy even a caveman could do it
Cheney trolls Trump over Bible sale, suggests he read verse on adultery | The Hill

Former Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) took aim at former President Trump for launching an initiative to sell Bibles on Tuesday and encouraged him to read what the Bible says about adultery.

“Happy Holy Week, Donald. Instead of selling Bibles, you should probably buy one,” Cheney wrote in a post on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, in response to a screenshot of Trump’s Bible pitch on Truth Social.

“And read it, including Exodus 20:14,” Cheney added, referring to the verse that commands, “Thou shalt not commit adultery.”

87 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Elon Musk is Reportedly Selling Twitter User Data to a Gov’t Surveillance Contractor | Headline USA

38 Likes

Politically incorrect sheriff tells citizens to shoot to kill home invaders to ‘save taxpayers money’ | Fox News (archive.is)

During a press conference in April 2022, Santa Rosa County Sheriff Bob Johnson said, “If someone is breaking into your house, you’re more than welcome to shoot. We prefer you to do that, actually.” The comments have gone viral again in juxtaposition to a story in New York where a woman was arrested for trying to remove squatters from her property.

Johnson told Fox News Digital in an interview that he stands by his comments and that it’s a “no-brainer.”

“I said [at the press conference] if you shoot accurately, and you kill the guy, you save taxpayers money. And I also said that if somebody gets killed during a home invasion, the odds of them re-offending are zero. And we like those odds, which we do,” he told Fox News Digital.

“And so they elected a cop here as sheriff, and I speak like a cop. I don’t care about political correctness. I’m going to tell it like it is. If you don’t like it. I’m sorry, but it’s the way it is,” Johnson said. “I say what people want to hear. They want to hear that their rights are going to be protected and that they’ll be protected in their own home.”

Johnson said he is able to speak freely because of Gov. Ron DeSantis’, R-Fla., support for law enforcement and the Second Amendment.

22 Likes

Don’t forget he whined incessantly about losing the popular vote in 2016.

69 Likes

Well, Rona lost the lettuce survival standoff.
Better yet the lettuce is still fresh enough to make a salad tonight.

58 Likes

“I say what people want to hear”
Bob Johnson
What? The quiet part out loud?

21 Likes

PuPPy did the Baltimore Tragedy!

32 Likes

Kari Lake Never mind

Kari Lake declines to defend her statements in defamation suit filed by Arizona election official (msn.com)

Kari Lake, a prominent election denier running for a Senate seat in Arizona, has decided not to contest her liability in a defamation suit brought by a Republican election official in Maricopa County.

Stephen Richer, who presided over the county’s 2022 election, filed a defamation claim against Lake in June alleging that she “repeatedly and falsely accused" him of causing her electoral defeat in the gubernatorial race won by Democratic Gov. Katie Hobbs.

Lake’s legal team on Tuesday filed a default judgment motion that indicated she was not challenging her culpability. Lake instead seeks to dispute the damages.

“By participating in this lawsuit, it would only serve to legitimize this perversion of our legal system and allow bad actors to interfere in our upcoming election,” she said. “So I won’t be taking part.”

Richer replied to her on X by saying that means “she has conceded she has no evidence (truth is 100% quick defense to defamation), she has surrendered first amendment claims, and she has stopped fighting.”

“But I’m happy to start investigation on damages,” he added. “Reminder that she says this case looks a lot like Rudy’s and Trump’s — I’m fine with those final dollar figures.”

57 Likes

You’re forgetting the 11th commandment:
IOKIYR

21 Likes

Gee Ronna, bit o’nasty luck there.

But cheer up! I hear Arby’s is hiring and you’d be perfect running the slicer of their Mystery Meat!

16 Likes

He complained that Cruz stole Iowa from him in the 2016 primaries.

I don’t understand why people who wouldn’t tolerate the same behavior from a fifth grader who lost a class election tolerate this BS.

66 Likes

Mark it as Trump being a Hasbeen!

23 Likes

Bear with me here because this gets complicated: You can still … wait for it … interview conservatives and pro-Trump Republicans.
Journalism doesn’t require paying a deeply compromised pro-Trump-but-ousted-by-Trump figure six figures annually to spout talking points from inside your TV studio. That’s a coverage choice, not an insolvable journalistic dilemma.

Shout this from every MF rooftop

58 Likes

I had hoped I’d read that trump had keeled of and stroked out on fried chicken grease.
No such luck

32 Likes

Tomorrow is a new day. Hope springs eternal.

47 Likes

Meanwhile in Colorado…Radical Xtians got control of the town school board and are in the process of ruining the schools and now they turn to ruining the town in the name of Jay-Zuss.

26 Likes

The Ronna ousting puts the right in a dilemma. They can whine about how unfair it is that a conservative doesn’t get a chance to pretend to be legitimate by collecting a salary from NBC, but they can’t go all out because she was ousted for being insufficiently able to change the world for TFG. Here she is fired by Orange Man and NBC.
Of course, consistency has never been a hallmark of this bunch, so they may still pull it off.

36 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available